Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Scrapbook Page that Took 8 Years...





Well, today was the last day of winter break and tomorrow I head back to work. So instead of looking at lesson plans and thinking about what I am going to be doing tomorrow I spent the day with my scrapbook and all my scrapbook supplies and pictures. Yesterday I went to my friend Lari's house to scrapbook. I have not been anywhere to scrapbook since 2001! So, today I decided to finish the page I started 8 years ago and got stuck on. I finally figured out why I was stuck, I was trying to put too many pictures in one layout. The page started here 8 years ago on the Lake Arrowhead layout. I started working on finishing this page again last year, but still was unable to finish it. Today I turned it into the following two, layouts. I was trying to put 6 pages worth of pictures into two. I really liked the pictures of Kristin on the swings and I just wanted to include them all... Well the pages are finally done and now I can move on. Hopefully my new camera is in the mail and will be here soon so I can take more pictures this year. I really want to scrapbook more and document them. Today when I had all my scrapbook stuff out to organize it, Shanna started looking through my first book and she started crying...that reminded me how important it is to document things not only for yourself, but for your children and their children...

So one of my resolutions for the new year....More pictures and more scrapbooking!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Mona, these pages are beautiful! I, too, want to start scrapbooking more. I need to redo the girls' baby books because they're those old-school type with the film over the pictures. I started Marie's a couple of years ago but never finished. I've warned my family that soon the dining room table will be covered with scrapbooking supplies!

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

That's hilarious! 2001? Looks good! Adriana was in my dream last night. I'm going to call her right now and tell her. Ask her about it tomorrow...

The Berghorn Family said...

Finally! I am glad that you have gone back to the dark side of scrapbooking! Elise and Joanna will be happy to hear you finally finished!