Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Year Come and Gone...

Another year...come and gone...

I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures from this year, but when I looked through my picture files I found that I did not really take very many pictures this year. Oh well...I plan to remedy that in 2009!
This really makes me realize how much I should be thankful for 2008. I did not use my camera at all between Christmas 2007 and November 1st 2008 when Amy and I went to the Day of Days event at City Walk. The last time I really even did anything other than go to the plays that I have season tickets to before this was when I got sick at Disneyland about 2 and a half years ago. I passed out on Tom Sawyer Island and was taken to the Mickey Mouse hospital in Disneyland. I just found out this year what the problem was...Severe anemia...Now I am on my iron and my blood pressure is under control and I am ready to live again!! I started feeling better in the beginning of September this year. It took a while for my red blood cells to build up enough so that I could move around without feeling like I was going to pass out. So...here is what I have of 2008 in pics that I took...and here is looking forward to a great year ahead!
2008 was the year I got inked!
I have always been a Days of Our Lives fan...Soap Operas! Oh well...I just blame my mom...I can't even remember a time when I did not watch this show. Here are some photos from the event...



Well...after this I went to another fan meet and greet to see Marie Osmond...I dragged my friend Lari along with me...we waited in line for over an hour and only got about 30 seconds each as she signed our autographs, gave us a photo, and took a pic wth us. The event was so controlled you could not get up close to get any pictures. They had someone working the event that you had to give your camera to, and they took the shot. Oh well...I still had fun...The guy behind me...kind of freaks me out...weird!
The next time I took pics was with my family for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the day at my Aunt Karen's house...
I let Kristin dye her hair...UGHH! Oh well...it is her head...She likes it...first she had it cut, then we put in some red temp dye because she wanted the red in it, and finally the big step...dying it black...

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas my sister Corrie came to visit with her husband Lupe and her kids Trisha and Christopher...
Kristin and I went with our friends to see Wicked at the Pantages.
We had Christmas at Aunt Karen's house. I love spending time with my family.
The last thing I did this year was go to my friend Lari's house for her birthday. She had a game night.

We do not go out for New Year's Eve...so the end of the year is always a quiet evening at home relaxing with each other. I am thankful for this past year and the opportunities I had to enjoy it with my friends and family.

Here is looking forward to a happy new year....

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm glad you're out of the Disney hospital! I can tell the positive change in you this year! YEAH

The Berghorn Family said...

...Ok, so are you ready to party?! Let's go scrapbook! That is my kind of party! And we need you to start getting back on track keeping your photos up!

Mona said...

I agree 100%. I bought a new camera yesterday...now I just have to wait for it. It is not as nice as yours, but it is much better than the one I have.
Lari is scrapbooking tomorrow in the afternoon at her house...and she is making tortilla soup.

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

That can't be Kristin!?! NO WAY JOSE!!! But her long, blonde, beautiful hair... I bet big sister is proud though!

I got a Cricut for Christmas! The scrapbookers dream! I love it!

I'll try and visit Adams soon. AND I want to say more than hi, bye to you! Maybe I'll wear my maternity sweater! Hehehe!!!