Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Ghost of Christmas Past...



Well another Christmas has come and gone. We had a good time at Aunt Karen's. I always enjoy spending time with my family. Last year my sister Catrena sent me a CD with a lot of photos from when we were growing up. I made the collage above using pictures that she sent me. That is me in the Santa sleigh with Santa...I am the oldest with my sister Dawn is in the middle and Theresa is wearing a green striped dress. I have members from both my dad and mom's side of the family here. Under the sleigh is a picture of Shanna when she was about five years old. I am holding Kristin on my lap next to her, and beside me is Maria, my grandson Micheal Jr. and my son Micheal.

There are pictures of my grandmother's from both my mom and my dad's side of the family. In the center picture I am sitting at the kids table for Christmas dinner with my grandpa (my mom's dad) and my sisters Dawn and Theresa, Catrena had not come along yet. Below this is a picture of my grandma (my mom's mom) passing out presents on Christmas Eve. My cousin Jamie is sitting beside her on the left and my son Micheal is beside her on the right when he was about 4 years old. Above my son Micheal is my grandson Micheal Jr. in the beanie and my granddaughter Bryanna in the pink sweat suit. Beside and above Bryanna is Kristin when she was about 2 in the red sweat suit and above that is Kristin when she was five. We wore matching dresses that year and she is wearing hers in this pic. The group photo at the top is my grandma, my mom, my aunt, my sisters, me and all our kids. I am thankful that we now live in a digital age, the old photos have lost a lot of their quality and with the computer it is possible to salvage photos that otherwise might be lost forever. I don't think you can ever underestimate the value of photographs or the memories of time spent with people you love. Here are some pictures of our Christmas this year....

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Did I tell you I finished the last book on day one of our vacation? OMG THE BEST BY FAR! I love all your Christmas pics girl.

The Berghorn Family said...

I like your collage, but it is hard to see all of the pics, I need to see a bigger version, so thatI can enjoy cute little Kristen in her cute little outfits!