Monday, December 15, 2008

I Don't Know Why...


I don't know why some people call my dogs demons. Whenever my dogs get brought up in conversation in my extended family, I am always told they are demons. As far as I am concerned, they are loving and cute as can be. Just about everyone in our family outside of those of us who live in this house are terrified of them. When they come to visit, the dogs have to be sent to their...er...my room. I love my dogs. I love when they curl up beside me when I sleep. They spend hours with me when I read or play on the computer and never ask me if I am going to be done soon. Whatever movie I want to watch is fine with them. I never have to explain to them where I am going, or how long I will be gone, and when when I come home, they run to greet me, tails wagging and happy as can be. So here is a little bit about my dogs...

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912
This is my dog Gwar. He is the oldest of our dogs. He likes to be outside. Here he is sitting on my porch swing, but he thinks it is there for his lounging pleasure. He is a pretty good dog, but he barks way too much and he loves to chew anything he can get his teeth on. We had to block off our old deck because he used to like to sit on the peak of the roof of the garage and look out over the street. It used to freak our neighbors out. He spends most of his time outside, mainly because he likes it, and the other reason is that he cannot be left unattended when inside because he will destroy something. We love him anyway...he is a very loving and friendly dog.

"Rambunctious, rumbustious, delinquent dogs become angelic when sitting."~Dr. Ian Dunbar

Ruffles is a dog that was meant to be mine. However, if you ask my daughter Kristin, she will tell you that Ruffles is her dog. In the picture below, she is sitting in Kristin's lap, one of her favorite places to be. I brought Ruffles home about five years ago. I had been thinking about getting another dog for about three years and I really wanted a small lap dog. One day I was driving on the road near the local animal shelter and I suddenly had the strongest urge to go look at the dogs. One look at her and I knew she was meant for me. She is very loving toward our family, but pretty much hates every other living being on the planet. I can honestly say that some of my extended family members and some of our family friends are terrified of this little terrier. But for me she is sweet as can be.


"Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job."~Franklin P. Jones

This is my dog Mocha. A couple of years ago when my friend Alicia said her dogs had puppies, well...I always wanted a chihuahua, and here she is. She is my favorite. This is one of her favorite spots...on my pillow behind my head. I usually just use her as a pillow and she lays her head on my shoulder. When I come home from work she runs out the garage door to greet me every day. Sometimes she will not even wait until I get out of the car in her quest for some belly and ear scratching...she just jumps right up in my lap as soon as I open the car door. She is much friendlier than Ruffles, but she is also much more territorial. She is definitely the pack leader when it comes to the two of them. I love my Mocha...


I like cats...but I love my dogs! To some they may be thought of as demons, but to me they are furry little bits of heaven.


Happiness is a warm puppy. ~Charles M. Schulz

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love it! How do you get the text over your pics?

The Berghorn Family said...

UMMMM, you forgot the biggest of your demons...I like your pics of the furry creatures, though

Anonymous said...

Bulbul Ahmed Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Bulbul Ahmed photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Legend of Bangladesh!