Friday, July 29, 2011

Dandelions at Dusk

 
Dandelions at Dusk
I have always thought dandelions were beautiful although they are usually considered weeds. I love the way the light shines through them like a halo of light. When I was a little girl I used to believe they were fairies. If you plucked them you would set the fairies free and therefore they would grant you a wish. So I would pluck a dandelion, make a wish, and blow the fairies free to let my hopes and dreams come true. I still love to do this when I find them. I wanted to take some pictures with the photos backlit. So during that short time of day that comes just twice, and are the fleeting moments known as "magic hour", I took a few pics of some dandeions in the backyard.
These pictures were taken at dusk in July in my backyard. I wanted to take some pictues with the subject backlit. I did not know the spider was on the dandelion when I first started taking the pictures. The spider was a nice surprise. I always enjoy a spider visit in the garden. 
That time of day when the light is just right...you know it...magic hour...is so fleeting that before I even knew it the sun was down and all I could do was enjoy the dusk and the dandelions. Just like magic hour, they are ethereal and fleeting, gone on the evening breeze.